Labor & Employment
Employee Safety & OSHA
Our attorneys regularly help employers dealing with the intricacies of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA). We provide guidance and training on the OSHA’s personal protective equipment (PPE), recordkeeping and reporting requirements. We also work with management to develop compliance programs and abatement methods for addressing OSHA citations, along with defensive strategies for handling Section 11(c) whistleblower complaints. Where necessary, we have the resources and proven methodology to litigate OSHA enforcement actions from the initial stages, through trial, and on appeal.
Finally, we recognize that for many employers preparation is paramount to successfully resolving workplace safety issues. We work collaboratively with clients to implement disciplined protocols for handling unannounced OSHA inspections and see to it they’re fully prepared to be effective advocates for themselves and their companies.
Related Services Contacts
Kyle D. Johnson
- Assisting clients through all stages of OSHA inspections, from the initial conference through the closing conference.
- Developing and revising general industry compliance programs.
- Reviewing OSHA’s Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Reviewing OSHA recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Training employees and management on OSHA regulations and their requirements.
- Developing proper abatement methods for addressing OSHA citations.
- Handling Section 11(c) whistleblower complaints.
- Litigating OSHA enforcement actions from initial stages, in discovery, through the trial, and upon appeal.
OSHA Issues New COVID-19 Safety Rules for Healthcare Sector and New Guidelines for All Industries
June 11, 2021 | Blogs
On June 10, 2021, the Department of Labor’s (DOL) Occupational Safety and Health Administration (O...
May/ June Immigration Updates Employers Need to Know
June 10, 2021 | Publications
International Entrepreneur Parole Program Continued by USCIS The USCIS recently announced that the D...
Recent Changes to Indiana’s Unemployment Insurance Program
May 18, 2021 | Coronavirus Response Team
As Indiana’s unemployment rate has dropped, the State announced that changes are coming to Indiana...
Temporary Relief for Dependent Care Assistance Programs
May 18, 2021 | Blogs
The shutdown of worksites and childcare facilities in 2020 presented many challenges for both employ...
Gilbert Sanchez v. Smart Fabricators – Fifth Circuit Redefines “Seaman” Status
May 18, 2021 | Publications
In a potentially significant ruling for the offshore oil and gas industry, the United States Court o...
New DOL Rule Withdraws Trump-era Employee v. Independent Contractor Test in Favor of Historic Seven-...
May 14, 2021 | Blogs
On May 6, 2021, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) issued a final rule that withdraws a Trump-era ap...