Life Sciences IP
We offer clients in the life sciences industry a comprehensive suite of services tailored to accommodate their distinct business, intellectual property and legal needs. Our team advises developers, investors and financial intermediaries across all stages and facets of company development. We handle quick turn-around due diligence projects, protect our clients’ IP assets while policing the activities of their competitors, and help innovative companies execute bold portfolio management strategies on a global scale.
Area of Focus Contacts
Nicole Tepe, Ph.D.
Andrew B. Ulmer
- Providing numerous patent freedom-to-practice opinions to support ANDA filings of a major generic pharmaceutical company. Assisting company with freedom-to-practice and patent invalidity work for a first to file ANDA filing for several products, including an oncology drug. Assisting the client with prosecuting patent applications world-wide for new drug combinations.
- Providing numerous patent freedom-to-practice opinions to support product launches of skin care and hair care products for a major consumer products client. Developed and presented an innovative on-going in-house patent training program for the client.
- Providing intellectual property support for significant financing round and development of IP portfolio for several medical device start-ups. Designed patent portfolio developmental strategies for several life sciences start-ups.
- Developed patent coverage strategy for a major new product for an intra-ocular lens developer, and obtained patent coverage in their commercially-important photochronic intraocular lens development.
- Assisting with IP due diligence projects for pharmaceutical companies to support mergers and acquisitions. Handled due diligence on all IP matters including patents, trademarks and domain names.
- Working with a biopharma company, patenting animal models and other research tool technologies for drug discovery and development research.
- Handled patent prosecution and portfolio management work for major medical device and nutritional products clients.
- Assisted academic research institutions in the licensing of their technology.