As more states adopt laws imposing liability on licensed dispensers of alcohol, our dram shop litigators serve as the first line of defense for businesses facing alcohol-related claims. We are different from other lawyers, and we are proud of that. We attack these high-exposure cases from a different angle, deploying a more aggressive and tactical approach. From the start, we bring the right attorneys to the table to ensure all facets of the business are protected. This includes helping clients mitigate the reputational and operational impacts and strategically manage investor relations.
Our team represents a variety of restaurants, bars, and social establishments in the defense of dram shop liability claims. This highly specialized area of the law requires deep familiarity with a client’s culture, training practices, and marketing goals. We invest time to understand each client’s needs and objectives, whether the client is a national restaurant chain or a local establishment. By sharing best practices, our team continues to deliver successful results both in and outside the courtroom.
- Wrongful Death – Kentucky – Gained a summary judgment in favor of a national restaurant chain in a dram shop lawsuit related to a two-death motor vehicle accident. Plaintiff sought damages in excess of $8 million.
- Wrongful Death/Serious Physical Injury – Illinois – Successfully defended a national restaurant chain in a dram shop lawsuit stemming from a motor vehicle accident that resulted in the death of one occupant and serious physical injury to the other.
- Serious Personal Injury – Georgia – Obtained a dismissal for a national restaurant chain in a dram shop personal injury matter related to a motor vehicle accident.
- Wrongful Death/Serious Injury – Texas – Defended national restaurant chain in a dram shop claim arising from a fiery collision between two vehicles that led to the death of three individuals and serious injury of three more.
- Serious Injury – New Jersey – Defended a national restaurant chain in a dram shop claim arising from a collision between two vehicles that resulted in serious injury.
- Wrongful Death – Kentucky – Defended a national restaurant chain in a dram shop wrongful death claim resulting from a collision between a moped and a semi-truck.
- Wrongful Death – Kentucky – Successfully defended a national restaurant chain in a dram shop claim resulting from a collision between vehicle and freight train.
- Serious Injury – Indiana – Successfully defended a national restaurant chain in a dram shop lawsuit stemming from a motor vehicle versus building collision resulting in serious injury
- Serious Injury – Tennessee – Successfully defended a social club in dram shop lawsuit resulting from a motor vehicle accident resulting in serious injury
- Serious Injury – Ohio – Successfully defended a national chain restaurant in a dram shop lawsuit arising from motor vehicle collision resulting in multiple serious injuries
- Serious Injury – Florida – Successfully defended a national restaurant chain in a dram shop lawsuit stemming from motor vehicle accident resulting in serious injury
From new laws and judicial trends to best practices in litigation prevention and management, we keep clients up to speed on issues relevant to their business.
Third Party Indemnity Claims: What Health Care Providers Need to Know
June 9, 2021 | Blogs
A recent case from the Indiana Court of Appeals highlights the parameters of Indiana’s Medical Mal...
U.S. Supreme Court Clarifies Personal Jurisdiction (Again)
March 30, 2021 | Publications
On March 25, the United States Supreme Court issued a decision in Ford Motor Co. v. Montana Eighth ...
Ford v. Montana, et al.: Specific Jurisdiction’s Next Mile Marker
October 6, 2020 | Publications
Just three years after deciding Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. v. Superior Court of California, San Franci...
Webinar: Hemp FDA Regulatory Update
March 5, 2020 | Blogs
Overview Over the past year, hemp products have been springing up everywhere, both online and in r...
Reduce Your Liability Exposure and Costs Associated with Counterfeit and Knockoff Products
December 6, 2019 | Publications
If you are a manufacturer of branded products in high demand, or with a significant share of the mar...
Interstate Southwest Ltd. v. Avco Corporation, et al.
September 4, 2019 | Experience
When a number of small airplanes experienced engine crankshaft failure and crashed, engine maker Lyc...